The Canon PIXMA MG2960 has been defined as one of the most recommended inkjets all in one printing devices that you can add to your working room or home. This particular printer will be able to assist you whenever you have to finish your work. Even better, it can also offer you excellent printing speed which is 8 pages per minute (ppm) for black and white and 4 ppm for colors.
The awesome performance of the Canon PIXMA MG2960 comes from its various wonderful attributes which some of them are like Wi-Fi connection and PIXMA Publish Application. Those features will make the printing job can be done in a simpler and easy way. You do not need to waste your time to do complicated things whenever you want to print your files. Then, there are also 4800×600 dpi printing resolution and impressive ink system that support the printer to create the best quality printing results.
In conclusion, all of those attributes applied on the Canon PIXMA MG2960 will definitely be notable benefits for you. Thus, you will find that your printing job is something fun to do once you have used this device. In the end, you can definitely increase your performance at work effectively.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2260 Driver & Software For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2960 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / macOS Sierra v10.12 / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG2960 Specification
Ink Droplet Size
2pl/5pl (C/M/Y), 25pl (PGBK)
Printing Resolution (1)
4800 x 600 dpi
Print Speed (2)
B&W: 8.0 ipm
Colour: 4.0 ipm
FINE PG645, CL646 (Optional High Yield – PG645XL, CL646XL)
Ink Yield (6) – Plain paper A4
PG645 (180), CL646 (180), PG645XL (400), CL646XL (300)
Borderless Printing (3)
Supported Paper Sizes (4)
A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4″x 6″, 5″ x 7″, European DL/US Com
Supported Paper Weights
Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2, Canon specialty paper: max paper weight: approx. 275 g/m2 (Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201))
Wireless LAN Network Type
Wireless LAN Range
Indoor 50m (depends on the transmission speed and conditions)
Wireless LAN Security
WEP64/128bit, WPA-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES)
Camera/Mobile Phone Printing
WiFi PictBridge Printing with compatible Canon Cameras
Memory Card Printing
Colour document: Approx 31 sec
Special Copy Functions
Scanning Speed (7)
Scanning Resolution (5)
1200 x 600 optical dpi
Scanning Bit Depth (Input/Output)
Greyscale: 16bit/8bit, Colour: 48bit/24bit (RGB each 16bit/8bit)
Maximum Document Size
A4/LTR (216 x 297 mm)
Software & Driver Installation For Canon PIXMA MG2960
Method 1: Canon PIXMA MG2960 Installation Steps by Steps Using Free Download
This time, without CD installation or automatic wizard, will be used for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG2960.
Follow the instruction below:
- Ensure that you have software file or driver setup of Canon PIXMA MG2960. In case you don’t have, the link below is for anyone who needs the software file.
- USB cable is necessary, thus you can connect your computer and the printer. USB cable usually comes with the printer package.
After you are done with the preparations for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG2960 using Setup File, below mentioned is what to do with the installation.
- Switch ON Canon PIXMA MG2960 and your computer.
- Before it’s instructed, don’t connect the USB cable of PIXMA MP460.
- Canon PIXMA MG2960 driver setup should be downloaded, thus you can start the installation.
- Anytime driver setup installation is done, connect Canon PIXMA MG2960 USB cable. The wizard, then, will detect the USB cable. Once the USB cable is detected, you will be led to the installation instructions of Canon PIXMA MG2960.
- You only need to follow the installation steps-by-steps.
- Anytime the installation is complete, Canon PIXMA MG2960 is ready to use.
Method 2: Manual Setting Up Of Canon PIXMA MG2960 Drivers
Considering this approach or method for the installation, find Add A Printer selection you get from the inbuilt feature for Windows.
- Canon PIXMA MG2960 Driver Setup file or Software. Don’t have the Driver Setup file, find them through the link that is available.
- Canon PIXMA MG2960 USB cable is necessary
The Installation Steps-by-Steps:
- Switch ON your devices, both Canon PIXMA MG2960 and your computer.
- Pair the Canon PIXMA MG2960 USB cable and your computer.
- Setup file of Canon PIXMA MG2960 should be extracted which file you can find through TEMP folder.
- Hit start, then Control Panel, and locate View Devices & Printer when it comes to Windows 7 and Vista. Hit Fax & Printers for XP users.
- Locate Add a Printer.
- Finish with it, provide the path for the extracted setup file.
- Follow the installation instructions from the wizard.
- The installation of Canon PIXMA MG2960 is complete, and the printer is now can be used.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MG2960 Installation Driver Free Download
Using software CD or Automatic Wizard for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG2960
Ensure that you prepare:
- Your computer should have installed DVD/CD drive.
- Grab Canon PIXMA MG2960 Driver CD or Software Disk that you get from the printer package.
- Another thing that you need is USB cable that is used to connect your computer and printer. This one also becomes one package with the printer.
For the installation process of Canon PIXMA MG2960 using CD Drive, follow the below mentioned.
- Switch ON the devices which are needed for the installation process of Canon PIXMA MG2960, such as, the printer itself and your computer.
- Only when it is suggested, don’t connect the Canon PIXMA MG2960 to your computer.
- Get the CD disk of your Canon PIXMA MG2960 to your computer DVD/CD drive. When the instructions for the installation pop up, follow them.
- Connect Canon PIXMA MG2960 USB cable to your computer anytime the setup wizard instructs you.
- It sometimes takes until Canon PIXMA MG2960 USB cable gets detected. Afterward, the instructions for the installation process will appear to complete the installation.
- Canon PIXMA MG2960 is now ready for you to use when the installation is complete.
electronicipc.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2960 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MG2960 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||31 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 XPS Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.8||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 Full Driver & Software Package For (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.4||12 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 CUPS Printer (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.5 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3||204 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5||474 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5||262 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5||376 KB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.1||7.4 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2960 Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V3||3.5 MB||Download|
|MG2960 / E460 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.3 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.00||85 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.00||72 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MG2960 Driver & Software Free Download For Windows, Mac Os, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2960 since you can download them on our site “Canon Printer Drivers“ that provide the download link for both software & driver of canon series from the Official site. You need only to hit the download link below and then follow the instructions manually. User manual can be downloaded as well, thus you effortlessly can finish the installation process.