Canon PIXMA MX394 Driver Download & Manual Installation For Windows, MacOS ,and Linux – PIXMA MX394 is a good option if you are looking for an all-in-one multifunction printer to replace your old printer. Besides making a great result on printing job, you can also use this printer as a scanner, a copier and also a fax machine. With a reasonably cheap price, this printer is a good choice to complete your office or even when you have a small business of your own. You can save your money from buying so much machine with just this printer.
With thermal inkjet technology, Canon MX394 capable of printing colored or mono documents. But this printer designed more for the office side rather than a professional photo printing printer. Even if the result of photo printing is not that bad, but some photographer might want more quality. It can also produce borderless printing with the maximum resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. And the time needed to print a 10 x 15 cm paper is approximately 46 seconds.
Another useful feature from this Canon PIXMA MX 394 is ADF feature, which is Automatic Document Feeder. With this, you can stack up until 30 sheets of the document if you want to scan or copy. And do another thing while your printer finishing the job. Very effective to work with.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver & Software For Windows, MacOS and Linux
Canon PIXMA MX394 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX394 Printer Specification
|Available Functions||Print, Copy, Scan & Fax with 30-page ADF & scan to cloud.|
|What’s in the box||All-In-One printer, 2 FINE cartridges, Power cord, Telephone cable, Setup guide, Software and User’s manual CD|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 ¹ x 1200 dpi|
|Print Engine||Inkjet, 2 FINE Cartridges, 4-colour system with minimum 2pl droplet size, ChromaLife100 system|
|Mono Document Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 8.7 ipm|
|Colour Document Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 5.0 ipm|
|Photo Print Speed||Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 46 seconds (Standard) ¹|
|Two Sided Printing||Available by manual operation only|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)|
|Direct Disc Printing||n/a|
|Other Print Features||Normal size print, Borderless printing, Fit-to-Page print, Scaled print, Multiple page per sheet print, Booklet print, Poster print, Collate ¹|
|Standard Ink Cartridges||2 FINE cartridges:|
|Optional Ink Cartridges||High yield XL Cartridges:|
|Ink Tank Life – Document Printing||A4 Colour Document|
|Black: 180 pages|
|XL Black: 600 pages|
|Colour: 180 pages|
|XL Colour: 400 pages|
|Ink Tank Life – Photo Printing||10x15cm photo|
|Black: 2, 465 photos*|
|XL Black 7, 560 photos*|
|Colour: 69 photos|
|XL Colour: 150 photos|
|* Estimated supplemental yield|
|Paper Type||Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101)|
|Maximum Paper Input||Front Tray: Max. 100 sheets|
|Paper Size||A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial #10), 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm|
|Paper Weight||Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²|
|Photo paper up to approx. 300 g/m² (Canon special media, PT-101)|
|PC Fax||Win: Via Fax modem (in MFP)*|
|*1 location, B/W transmission only|
|Transmission Speed Mono/colour||Mono: Approx. 3 sec./page (33.6kbps)|
|(based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart)|
|Colour: Approx. 1 min/page (33.6kbps)|
|(based on default setting using Canon Colour Fax Test Sheet)|
|Modem Speed||Maximum 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back)|
|Compression Method Mono/colour||Mono: MH, MR, MMR|
|Fax Resolution||Mono: 8pels/mm x 3.85 lines/mm (Standard), 8pels/mm x 7.7 lines/mm (Fine), 300dpi x 300dpi (Extra Fine)|
|Colour: 200 x 200 dpi (Photo)|
|Greyscale / Colour Gradation||Mono: 256 levels|
|Colour: 24 bit (full colour) (RGB each 8 bit)|
|Fax Memory||Up to 50 pages (Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1)|
|Group Dial||Max. 19 locations|
|FAX/TEL Auto Switch||No|
|Answering Machine Hook-up||Yes|
|Error correction mode (ECM)||Yes, ITU-T T.30 compatible|
|Reports||Activity report, User’s data list, Telephone number list, Memory list, Rejected number list, Caller history list|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed, ADF and CIS colour scanner|
|Scanner Resolution Optical||Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi|
|A4 Scan Speed (reflective)||Approx. 15 seconds|
|Colour Scanning Depth||Flatbed scan 48bit input / 24bit output (RGB each 16bit/8bit)|
|Halftone/Greyscale||Flatbed scan 16bit input / 8bit output|
|Compatibility||TWAIN / WIA|
|Effective Scanning Width||Flatbed: A4/LTR (216x297mm) ADF: A4, LTR, LGL|
|OCR Bundle||Yes (My Image Garden)|
|Copy Speed Colour Document||sFCOT: Approx. 23 seconds|
|sESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm|
|Multiple Copy||1 to 99 pages|
|Zoom||25-400%, preset ratios|
|Copy functions & enhancements||Document Copying, Photo Copying, Fit-to-Page Copying, Borderless Copying|
|Display Type & Size||Full dot LCD display|
|Display languages||30 Languages Selectable: Japanese/ English/ German/ French/ Italian/ Spanish/ Dutch/ Portuguese/ Norwegian/ Swedish/ Danish/ Finnish/ Russian/ Czech/ Hungarian/ Polish/ Slovene/ Turkish/ Greek/ Simplified Chinese/ Traditional Chinese/ Korean/Indonesian/ Slovak/ Estonian/ Latvian/ Lithuanian/ Ukrainian/ Romanian/ Bulgarian|
|Interface Type – PC / Mac||Hi-Speed USB (‘B’ Type Port)|
|Interface Type – Non PC||n/a|
|Software Included||My Image Garden with HD Movie Print, Scanning Utility, Easy-WebPrint EX (download) and Quick Menu with CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM access|
|Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)||Up to 30-sheets|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||Approx. 458 x 385 x 200 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 8.4 kg|
|Temperature Range||Operating environment: 5-35°C|
|Humidity||Operating humidity: 10-90%RH (no dew condensation)|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Approx. 42.5 dB(A)|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: Approx. 1.1 W (USB connection to PC, scanning lamp off)|
|Off: Approx. 0.3 W (USB connection to PC)|
|Copying: Approx. 20 W|
Software & Driver Installation For Canon PIXMA MX394
Method 1: Canon PIXMA MX394 Installation Steps by Steps Using Free Download
This time, without CD installation or automatic wizard, will be used for the installation of Canon PIXMA MX394.
Follow the instruction below:
- Ensure that you have software file or driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX394. In case you don’t have, the link below is for anyone who needs the software file.
- USB cable is necessary, thus you can connect your computer and the printer. USB cable usually comes with the printer package.
After you are done with the preparations for the installation of Canon PIXMA MX394 using Setup File, below mentioned is what to do with the installation.
- Switch ON Canon PIXMA MX394 and your computer.
- Before it’s instructed, don’t connect the USB cable of PIXMA MX394.
- Canon MX394 driver setup should be downloaded, thus you can start the installation.
- Anytime driver setup installation is done, connect PIXMA MX394 USB cable. The wizard, then, will detect the USB cable. Once the USB cable is detected, you will be led to the installation instructions of Canon PIXMA MX394.
- You only need to follow the installation steps-by-steps.
- Anytime the installation is complete, Canon PIXMA MX394 is ready to use.
Method 2: Manual Setting Up Of Canon PIXMA MX394 Drivers
Considering this approach or method for the installation, find Add A Printer selection you get from the inbuilt feature for Windows.
- Canon PIXMA MX394 Driver Setup file or Software. Don’t have the Driver Setup file, find them through the link that is available.
- Canon PIXMA MX394 USB cable is necessary
The Installation Steps-by-Steps:
- Switch ON your devices, both Canon PIXMA MX394 and your computer.
- Pair the Canon PIXMA MX394 USB cable and your computer.
- Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX394 should be extracted which file you can find through TEMP folder.
- Hit start, then Control Panel, and locate View Devices & Printer when it comes to Windows 7 and Vista. Hit Fax & Printers for XP users.
- Locate Add a Printer.
- Finish with it, provide the path for the extracted setup file.
- Follow the installation instructions from the wizard.
- The installation of Canon PIXMA MX394 is complete, and the printer is now can be used.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX394 Installation Driver Free Download
Using software CD or Automatic Wizard for the installation of Canon PIXMA MX394
Ensure that you prepare:
- Your computer should have installed DVD/CD drive.
- Grab Canon PIXMA MX394 Driver CD or Software Disk that you get from the printer package.
- Another thing that you need is USB cable that is used to connect your computer and printer. This one also becomes one package with the printer.
For the installation process of Canon PIXMA MX394 using CD Drive, follow the below mentioned.
- Switch ON the devices which are needed for the installation process of Canon PIXMA MX394, such as, the printer itself and your computer.
- Only when it is suggested, don’t connect the Canon MX394 to your computer.
- Get the CD disk of your PIXMA MX394 to your computer DVD/CD drive. When the instructions for the installation pop up, follow them.
- Connect Canon MX394 USB cable to your computer anytime the setup wizard instructs you.
- It sometimes takes until PIXMA MX394 USB cable gets detected. Afterward, the instructions for the installation process will appear to complete the installation.
- Canon PIXMA MX394 is now ready for you to use when the installation is complete.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX394 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA MX394) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MX394 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA MX394 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA MX394 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
PIXMA MX394 Wireless Connection Setup
(If the Printer is compatible with Wireless)
Connecting with WPS
- Physical WPS push button must be present.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security.
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
Wi-Fi lamp will light up after enabling wireless connection. Printer searches for access that supports WPS.
- Press and hold WPS button for 5 seconds, release.
- Press OK button after 2 minutes.
- After the connection is made, press OK to complete setup.
Install software for PIXMA MX394.
If the connection still fails, please contact manufacturer.
Standard Connection Method
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select WLAN Setup icon.
- Press the left function button.
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Select Standard setup then press OK button to start process of standard setup.
Printer is searching for available wireless network.
- Use navigation arrows to select access point (the name of your network). Press OK.
Press left function button to search again if you cannot see your network on the list.
- Press OK to input/edit network password (case sensitive).
Use the virtual keyboard to enter a password. Follow the procedure as instructed:
- Password is case sensitive. Press the center function button to navigate between numeric, upper case, and lower case.
- Use navigation arrows to pick a character on the keyboard, press OK to confirm selection, and move another character.
- Repeat step (a) and (b) for more characters to input.
- After inputting password, press left function button to complete.
- Confirm your password. Press OK to edit, if needed.
- Press left function button to complete setup. Press OK.
Follow by installing software for PIXMA MX394.
If the connection still fails, please contact the manufacturer.
PIXMA MX394-factory default settings
- Press printer’s Home button.
- Use navigation arrows to select Setup icon.
- Press the right function button.
- Use left navigation arrow to select Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Use up navigation arrow to access LAN settings.
- Press OK.
- Use down navigation arrow to select Yes for reset setting.
- Press OK.
- WLAN Settings now reset. A message [Processing….Please wait momentarily] is shown.
- Press OK to complete resetting WLAN.
If you have a printer Canon PIXMA MX394, then you will need to surely have the official driver & software to install your printer. If you have none, then you will be glad to know that electronicipc.com will give you the official driver & software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.
|PIXMA MX394 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||220.127.116.11||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||18.104.22.168||16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||19.1.0a||25 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||28 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.65||25 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.10||3.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.90||6.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||4.0.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.9 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||2.1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.1 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.9 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||8.8 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||950 KB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1020 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX394 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.7 MB||Download|
|Setup Guide for Fax Reception||V1||1.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.90||74 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.10||469 KB||Download|
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG2540 Driver & Software For Windows, MacOS and Linux
Canon PIXMA MX394 Driver Download & Manual Installation For Windows, MacOS and Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX394 since you can download them on our site Canon Printer Driver that provides the download link for both software & driver of canon series from the Official site. You need only to hit the download link below and then follow the instructions manually. User manual can be downloaded as well, thus you effortlessly can finish the installation process.